After having worked in fitness for 10-years, coaching cyclists for 5 years and cycling competitively for 10-years, I have developed a strength and core training programme that will help you get stronger on a bike. Many athletes underestimate strength training but it can really help your performance as well as general well-being. The best time to start with strength training is during your off season and/or winter but you can also start while you’re racing. I can adjust the program to your own needs
THE BENEFITS OF STRENGTH & CORE TRAINING
- Having a strong core is important for cycling but also for a healthy life.
- A strong core and upper body helps you maintain correct posture on and off the bike.
- It keeps your lower back and neck pain-free.
- Prevention of osteoporosis.
- Speeds up your metabolism and helps greatly with weight loss.
- Strength training increases your power on the bike.
It also balances other muscles that you don’t use on the bike as much.
Helps to prevent injuries.